For certain training programs you may want to use a custom domain so you can better represent your brand to your trainees. The custom domain feature allows you to use a domain such as training.mycompany.com instead of mycompany.mindflash.com for your trainees. Custom domains are offered on the Pro tier.
In order to use a custom domain you must own, and have control of, the DNS zone you want to use for your custom domain. You may need help from your IT department, or whoever is responsible for DNS management at your company, in order to complete the custom domain configuration.
The first step to using a custom domain is to create a CNAME for the domain you want to use and a second CNAME with www. prefixed to your domain. You will need to point the CNAMEs to custom.MindflashTMS.com. For example, if you want to use training.mycompany.com you would create a CNAME for training and www.training in the DNS Zone file for the mycompany.com domain that points to custom.MindflashTMS.com. We recommend the additional www.training CNAME since many users habitually include it. Here are some instructions for adding CNAMEs with a few popular DNS providers:
- GoDaddy - https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-a-cname-record-19236
- Network Solutions - http://www.networksolutions.com/support/cname-records-host-aliases/
- 1&1 - http://help.1and1.com/domains-c36931/domain-administration-c79822/dns-settings-c37586/enter-a-cname-record-for-your-domain-a643600.html
Once you are certain your new CNAMEs are ready, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and mention in the subject this is a “Custom Domain Request” and include in the message your current account domain name and the new domain name you want enabled. These requests are generally completed within 3 business days.
Here are few things to note:
- All users will need to access Mindflash using your new custom domain, including Trainers, Managers, and Administrators.
- All domains, including custom domains, use https and are fully secure.
- Your original mindflash.com domain will still work, but will redirect to the new custom domain.
- If you downgrade from the Pro plan your custom domain will cease to work.
- The Mindflash support team is not able to troubleshoot issues with 3rd party DNS providers. If you are having trouble setting up your CNAME you will need to contact your own IT support department.
- If you use a CNAME such as training.mycompany.com your users will use training.mycompany.com to access your training portal. The url www.training.mycompany.com will redirect to training.mycompany.com.