Custom Certificates are available only on the Enterprise Tier. To create a Custom Certificate, navigate to the Course or Series, and select the “Settings” tab. Next, click “Edit”. Under the Certificates Section select “Change Certificate Style”.
A pop-up window will appear with our ready made certificates and below will click “Custom Certificate” and then “Create Custom Certificate.”
- Download a Template:
Clicking here will download a template which will provide you or your designer, a guideline of where you should be aware of where text on the certificate may show up. More information about how to use the template is here.
- Upload a Background Image:
Once you have created a certificate image, clicking “Upload a Background Image” will allow you to upload the image in .png or .jpg format. The image will display as the certificate background below.
- Download PDF Preview:
If you already have a trainee in this course or series, Mindflash will insert the alphabetical first trainee in the search box. Clicking “Download PDF Preview” will download a preview of the Custom Certificate. We encourage this as to ensure the Custom Certificate you created looks how you expect it to look like. At anytime, you can search for any trainee that is in the course or series and click “Download PDF Preview” to preview a certificate for that selected trainee. If no trainee is selected, it will default to the logged in Admin or Trainer information.
Once you have a background image uploaded, you will be able to see it in the preview window. This is meant to be a preview of what it will look like. We recommended downloading a preview to see what a real certificate looks like.
Each Custom Certificate will allow you to select up to 11 different fields to be displayed on the certificate. The fields and descriptions are listed below.
- Trainee Name: The trainee’s first and last name
- Company Name: Your organization’s name.
- Course or Series Score: The score that the trainee received after completing the course
- Course or Series Name: The title of the course or series
- Completion Date: The date that the trainee completed the course or series
- Trainer Name: The trainer’s name for the course or series
- Blank: Choosing this field will display no text and be left blank. This can be used if you choose to not display anything in that location.
- Text Field: Choosing this field allows you to enter any text you choose to. For example, you can enter “Congratulations” and it will display “Congratulations” in the space where you selected the field.
- Any Custom field: You can select any of the 10 custom fields that are available that you are using. When a custom field is selected, it will display the title of the custom field, along with the entry. For example, if the custom field is “Job Title” and the entry is “Engineer”, then the text will display on the certificate “Job Title: Engineer”.
Select the fields of your choice, and click “Apply” at the top. This will save the certificate. Once created, every trainee who successfully completed this specific course or series will receive this certificate. You can also choose the Mindflash certificates at anytime if you decide to not use the Custom Certificate. Mindflash will save the Custom Certificate so that you do not have to recreate it if you decide to use it again.